1. Hostas are a great choice for shaded areas, as they are easy to care for and come in a range of sizes and colours. They can grow up to a metre in height and spread up to 1.5 metres wide. Hostas are great for adding texture and colour to a garden and they are hardy enough to survive in cooler climates.
2. Japanese Anemones are a hardy perennial that thrive in shade and moist soil. They have delicate white or pink flowers and are low maintenance, making them an ideal choice for a shaded garden.
3. Foxgloves are a striking plant that will bring a touch of colour to a shady garden. They are easy to grow and can tolerate a range of temperatures and soil types. Foxgloves thrive in partial shade and will flower from mid-spring to early summer.
4. Hydrangeas are a classic choice for any garden and can be grown in partial shade. They are low maintenance and come in a range of colours, from blue and pink to white and purple. Hydrangeas can be grown in containers or in the ground and will flower from mid-summer to late autumn.
5. Fuchsias: Fuchsias are a great choice for a shade loving garden, as they will add a splash of colour with their beautiful pink and purple blooms. They require plenty of moisture and thrive in humus-rich, well-drained soil. Fuchsias can be grown in containers or in the ground and will flower from mid-summer to late autumn.
These are just a few of the best plants for shade loving areas in the UK. With a little research, you can find the perfect plant to add colour and texture to your garden.
Come and visit us and we can show you what we have or view a small selection of our plants online